Latest Version: 0.7.3
A Library To Find Mods
Wadseeker is a library for making programs similar to GetWAD. Wadseeker uses
a small subset of the Qt Toolkit, namely QtCore and QtNetwork, to provide an
easy to use API.
Wadseeker is designed for reuse. A GUI is not provided as to allow the best
possible integration with your own programs along with reducing the overhead of
using it if you chose not to use Qt as your GUI Toolkit.
Wadseeker as implemented by Doomseeker
Wadseeker at a Glance
- Searches common locations by default including the id games archive.
- Concurrent file downloading.
- 7-zip archive support.
- Supports finding mods with any extension, but will also find them if compressed in a ZIP
or 7z archive.
- Contains a blacklist to prevent users from searching for IWADs.
- Integrates well with Qt GUIs.
- Licensed under the LGPL to allow use within non-opensource applications.
Doomseeker © 2009-2013 The Doomseeker Team